Thursday, January 20, 2011

Nala

I just updated my blog the other day. I couldn't come up with a great name for our blog, but I decided that Stephen's suggestion of, "The Fulton Five" worked fine. Well, that was until Sunday night. Nala, our oldest cat ended up getting really sick. We had taken her to the vet the week before because she was acting right, and it was decided that she had vestibular syndrome. Well, we treated her for it, and she got better. Well, she had a turn for the worst over the weekend and we noticed that this time she was seriously sick. Monday morning we knew we had to take her back to the vet. So Monday morning, I took her to work with me and Stephen's mom and sister came and picked her up and took her in for us. They diagnosed her with severe renal failure! They told us it didn't look good, but they would keep running fluids over night and see if her kidneys could bounce back. Well, at some point in the night our sweet Nala passed away. She was such a sweet, playful and beautiful cat. We miss her dearly. Stephen had her for almost 8 years! We hope to add another Abyssinian cat to our family soon. Bala our other abyssinian misses her playmate.

4 comments:

Cassie said... said...

I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. Does that kind of cat shed?

Robin and Stephen said...

Yes Cassie they do. It doesn't seem to be as bad as some cats I have seen. The only time I really notice that they are shedding is when it is on something black. They are awesome cats though!

superman said...

That was so sad. I'm so sorry about your lost.



Alaska Fishing Lodge | Real Estate

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

i'm so sorry to hear that. :( one of my twins names is Nala.